Support Team

Nurse – Edel Gower

Visit the college nurse for advice and treatment, in Room 5 in O staircase. Clinic sessions are indicated below.

Monday - 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Tuesday - 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Wednesday - 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Thursday - 11:00am - 1:00pm
Friday - 1:00pm - 3:00pm

Contact details:
01223 334817
[email protected]

Chaplain – Keith Eyeons

Keith Eyeons is available to provide pastoral care and support for all members of the college, whatever their beliefs or background. He is very happy to receive visitors in his study, room O8, and all are welcome to talk to him confidentially on any matter. He also organises the very popular “Keith’s café” on Thursday from 3.30pm, where many students go to get free food and drink, and socialise outside the chapel.


Your tutor takes an interest in your wellbeing during your time at Cambridge and can offer help and advice on any matter: social, academic, financial, medical or personal. You will meet your tutor at the start and end of every term, but you can organise to meet them at any point during term.

You may also contact the senior tutor Dr Guy Williams:
01223 334817        
[email protected]


If you’re ever feeling very unwell or unsafe the porters are available 24/7. Their phone number is 01223 334800, make sure you have this number saved in your phone!

College welfare officers

College welfare officers are always available if you need any help, and are very easy to talk to. You can have a chat with them if you see them around college, or go to the organised drop in sessions, or talk to them using the anonymous messaging service. You can also contact them for free sexual health supplies, that they will drop off in your pidge.

UCS – University counselling service

The University Counselling Service is a very popular service that offers free, confidential support to any student who requests it. Note however that the waiting lists can stretch to several weeks, especially around exam term.

You can either refer yourself, or contact either of the welfare officers, the college nurse or your tutor for more information.

If you would rather, the UCS also offer group counselling sessions, which usually don’t have as long a waiting list, and provide many self-help leaflets.

SAS – Student Advice Service

The Student Advice Service offers free, confidential and independent support to all Cambridge University students. You can come to the service with any issues or problems that you might experience as a student. You can either make an appointment or attend a drop in session.

12pm-2pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Graduate Union, 17 Mill Lane.


You can book an appointment to see the college physio through the college nurse.

You can find out more about welfare on the college website.